Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A relaxing, beautiful, weekend!!! We left on Wednesday and came back Sunday, of course I could have stayed a few more days. We had great weather except for a little rain on Friday and a really crappy day on Sunday. I have not been that wet or cold in a long time......We had to pull over a couple of times and hang out under the overpass. O' and by the way for anyone that doesn't know what I am talking about...we went for a ride to the outer banks. I was so afraid of how I would do, not being able to make it the whole way without the pain taking over. I did great!!!! I kept falling asleep and was afraid I would nod right off the bike but I stayed on. My legs were in alot of pain but I made it. My knees and ankles were the worst!! As long as I stayed on my pain meds I was o.k.
I have not taken a sleeping pill since last Monday!!!! So far so good. I sleep for a couple hours then wake up, am awake for about half an hour then go back to sleep. If I am lucky then I sleep for the rest of the night. A couple of nights I have woken up for a few minutes again but no big deal. Keep your fingers crossed it stays that way. I have loved waking up and being able to stay awake. For the most part I have been getting up by 8:00. This morning has been the exception though, I couldn't wake up! Last night I was sitting in the closet (looking at stuff) and fell asleep talking to Jim. Jim put me to bed, I planned on only taking a 30 minute nap the next thing, it was 12:00 and Jim was coming to bed. I did a few things and then went back to bed. I was worried I wouldn't fall asleep but had no problem in that area!!! This morning has been somewhat rough for me. I woke up about 9:40 and that lasted for about 2 minutes, the next thing it is 10:50ish..... My body feels really tired and my legs just don't want to work. My knees are burning too. My knees have been giving me a real problem lately too. It hurts to bend down and get back up.......
Gotta go for awhile, my hubby came home for lunch.....

No comments:

Post a Comment