Thursday, November 4, 2010

looks can be decieving

So much for going to bed early.......but today is another day and I am going to try again! By the way it was 1:20 when I finally went to bed.
I am laying here listening to my cat and his breathing is really worrying me. He sounds congested and is sneezing again. Before when he would get like this it would happen after he had been outside. He is such a loving cat, my baby! I am keeping a close eye on him..

Jim said something to me tonight that I just wanted to bring up again. Looks can be deceiving. what I mean by that is.....people see me going to the Y and say to Jim, saw your wife today at the Y and she was looking good. Or someone will see me out and say, you look good. What they don't see is what goes on before I get to the Y or what goes on before I leave the house. They don't see that I was laying in bed until 12 o'clock just trying to get the energy to get up to go to the Y. Laying in bed waiting for my pain meds to kick in and praying that today it would be enough for me to be able to leave the house. They don't see me hobble around the house, hunched over in pain trying to make it to the bathroom or down the stairs.
They don't see that it takes a great portion of my day just to be able to face the day.
If I have something planned for early in the day they don't get up with me extra early just to take my pain meds so that I can be able to get up and take a shower. I also pray that when I wake up early it is not going to be a flare day and that I can actually move. Even if I take my pain meds that doesn't mean I will have the energy to get ready....or that my arms will be strong enough for me to blow dry my hair. There are many a mornings Jim has seen me cry because I can't get ready!!! I never used to wear my hair in a ponytail, now that is how I wear it a good bit. There are days it even hurts to touch my head with my brush.
People don't see all the guts and glory that goes on behind the scenes......so the next time you see me and think I look good, take a moment and wonder what I went thru to get there.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweetie......I can relate to EVERYTHING you just said. I never went out of the house without makeup and hair done. Now? You're right, sometimes it hurts to run a brush through my hair. It's what people don't see. They really don't see how long it took just to get it together to get up and moving let alone do the makeup job.

    Winter's coming and I'm scared.

    ReplyDelete