Sunday, April 25, 2010

Just some more random babbling

It has been awhile since I have felt like blogging so this might be a little long winded.
First I need to say again how wonderful my husband is.....things have been a little stressed and crazy here at our house, I know what is new? But no matter what is going on in our lives when it comes to me being "in alot of pain" or "feeling really bad", Jim always puts me first. We can be at odds with each other and the world around us but he ALWAYS makes sure I am ok. Every wife if they are completely honest has things they want to change about their husbands, things the don't like, things they complain about, nag about and yes I do ALL those things!! Then I take a step back and I thank GOD for giving me a man that truly loves me....!!!! ok my husband just came to check on me...how sweet and loving but then had to burb after eating garlic guacamole!!!

I just wanted to be able to go to church this morning and be on time. As it was I had to wait until 10 for CVS to open because I had run out of one of my meds and of all mornings to need it, this was one of those mornings. This morning I knew I had fibromyalgia, I woke in a full flare and no amount of being positive, exercise, eating right was going to help. The only thing that was going to help me was medicine!! My mother, who I love and have an awesome relationship with takes I would say at least 20 pills a day, ( I could be off a few but I am close) anyway I always said I didn't want to take alot of pills and sure enough I am up to 12 already. Now keep in mind, I am a person that had a hard time taking my birth control pills because I couldn't swallow them and most women know they are very tiny!! Thank goodness for the patch and IUD...:) Well I made it to church, not looking to good mind you. Rough looking would be putting it mildly and nicely...I had to leave after about 20 minutes, just couldn't do it. I hated to drive home but the thought of sitting there was worse. I love listening to GODS word but I wasn't really hearing it because I hurt and just wanted to curl up and sleep.

Now to the TV commercials...first let me say some have gotten a little better and I mean only a tiny tiny bit better about talking about fibro. Anyway, this morning I was thinking they should use me and they way I look and feel for a real look at how a person with fibro really feels and looks....not working in a dress shop or a bakery.....If my fibro made me feel the way the ladies look in the commercials then maybe I could be more positive......

Ever have a haircut that affects your whole life? Usually it is when you are a child right? A bad perm, a bowl cut??? Not when you are 46 years old.....right??
Well I now considering going super short or just wearing my hair in a messy very short ponytail for the next 6 months!!! Messy ponytail because the layers will only allow that....super short because my hair is so screwed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not what I wanted....I have NO idea what to do with my hair....talk about feeling ugly!! I am going to call my hairdresser and figure this out...I love her to pieces as a person but right now I am just not happy! She is really good at what she does, I don't know where her brain was????? There will be NO pictures of me for awhile....

Still working on this IBS thingy....I do believe that my stomach problems are tied into some of my problems and losing weight could be an extra benefit!!! I am now going no candy...unless it is sugar free!!! My sugar intake has been cut down in half this past month and I don't know the last time I had a soda was. I am going to really be watching MSG...that is going to be a hard one since it is in so much. Wish me luck...

MAY 12 IS NATIONAL FIBROMYALGIA DAY.....

What drives me nuts....yesterday I was able to get up at the crack of dawn and go to an estate sale. I woke up feeling tired, and somewhat achy but it was a complete 360 of this morning! I never know from day to day how I am going to feel...

My life in a nut shell....I just had to call a friend and she new I had left church early. Well she asked how I was feeling and I said well, I am alive so that is a good thing. And then she chuckled and said is it the fibro, ibs, bladder or your back? She was by NO means being ugly!! I was laughing with her...It is amazing how many things are tied into this life changing disease called Fibro.....It is not just 1 thing but at least a handful!!! That is another reason for my taking so many pills.....so many different things!! I hate being in pain, my legs, feet, back, neck, shoulders, my stomach. I used to be such a happy person, loved to do things, go places....now I am such a home body!!

I use to never leave the house without makeup, my hair being done, dressed right now I am lucky if I am not wearing workout clothes when I leave the house. I use to feel so good about my looks!!! I want to feel pretty again!!!!

Ok I am now falling asleep and am getting hungry....wish me luck, I am going in search of something to eat that my stomach can handle...I hope!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I love reading your life....let me rephrase that........I hate reading your life because you hurt but I love it because I feel the exact same way. I hate going anywhere but it would scare the crap out of me to be without the pain medication!!

    I will NEVER forget when a guy really screwed up my hair. I threw hair brushes at the mirror. It's awful......geez, it's not like we don't feel bad enough already, let's put something else out there that makes us feel like crap! I understand the no pictures....I would do the same thing!!

    My stomach hasn't been handling things well lately. I don't know if it's IBS but it seems like nothing lasts very long. Too bad it hasn't affected my weight yet. I mean I'm not fat fat but I could lose 25 lbs...........

    I'm off to dreamland too sweetie. Good to see you're blogging........YOU ARE GOOD AT IT!! Sucks it has to be about Fibro though........

    Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete