Wednesday, June 9, 2010

thoughts

I am not sure where I am going to go with this, but I usually don't do I ?? I woke up this morning thinking about this past month (my mom has been in the hosp a month today) and everything that has gone on with my parents. The old saying if I knew then what I know now really applies to my life. I like to THINK I was your typical teenager and did all the things I shouldn't and that my mom and I didn't get along like moms and daughter are not supposed to. Of course I know that is not how I was supposed to be now because my 18 year old daughter and I get along great. She doesn't do 1/2 of the things I used to do. ( i am really praying she doesn't do any of the things I did)
I think back to how my teenage years were between me and my mom and how they have been since I have been an adult and I thank GOD for allowing me to grow up and be alot like my mom. My mom is an awesome woman and I consider it an honor to be like her. This past month I probably could have stayed home in Greensboro more. Actually NO I couldn't have because my mom wanted me here, she asked me to be here and that is where I was going to be!!! I know my dad could handle everything here with my mom. I just needed to know my mom was and is ok. Being 4 hours away is so hard for me to do and with everything being so up and down????? I am sure I have driven my dad crazy being here but yet he has let me come back every time. He does love me...haha.
Actually one of my favorite moments of this past month happened this past week. My dad and I were driving home from the hosp and were talking about all the places he has lived while in the air force, which were his favorite and his least favorite. I did not know my dad lived in Mississippi? I did not know my dad was in the air force twice? I listened to stories about when he lived in Korea and Thailand, it was really cool.
I am leaving to go home tomorrow and am so excited to be going home. For several reasons.....1.MY MOM IS GOING TO BE OK AND I NOW IT!!!! 2. I miss my husband soooo much!! 3. I am going to Porto Rico on Saturday! 4. I can't wait to go back to the Y 5. Want to start walking again and 6. I want to get back into my garden/flowers.
Pain wise yesterday I got alot of rest in and it really helped, my body needed it. This morning when I woke I was actually able to get out of bed and not want to crawl to my meds. Going to get some sun today and that will feel good :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn-Marie! I am so happy to see you posting again and sounding good! Praise God that your mother is doing so well! I am so very happy for you. I am also green with envy that you are going to Puerto Rico for a vacation! I hope you all have a wonderful time and you enjoy a relaxing and rejuvenating week.

    Take care,
    me
    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetie, I left something for you on my blog. It's under the thank you post. Hope you are having a wonderful time!!!!

    ReplyDelete