Friday, July 16, 2010

hip pain

Well I went to my fibro doctor yesterday and now have some new "natural" supplements to try. Nothing exciting but to me anything that will help is a blessing...I am going to be increasing my magnesium milate by 1000 mg and am starting coq10. Something I did not know but my doctor wants me to start taking an aspirin a night before I go to bed, she says it will help with my memory. There is a certain one she told me to take but I will have to post which one it is later because the paper is downstairs and my pain meds have not kicked in yet. My memory has gotten soooo bad!!!!


One thing we talked about while I was there was my hip pain so I got a cortisone shot in my left hip. I am so glad I didn't get one in my right hip like I was going to ask for....because about 1:30 this morning I woke up the pain was so bad!!! I laid there trying to move and not make to much noise ( I didn't want Jim to hear me crying) I finally had to wake Jim up and ask him to get my heating pad out for me. I have not had pain like that since I was a little girl and we lived in England. (if my mom reads this, she will know what i am talking about) It was terrible...my mom just had hip replacement surgery and i only hope and pray that i never have to go thru that. If the pain is anything like it was last night, O my goodness!!! My mom is such a strong woman!!!!



I have got to get motivated!!! I don't know what is going on with me??? I just can't seem to get anything done. Usually I can wash clothes, dry them and put them away in the same day...not anymore it seems. :) I feel lately as though I have no purpose anymore. Since I got sick and had to quit working I have tried to come to terms with all this and still haven't, I wonder if I ever will? I mean how many times can I clean the house? How many times can I work in the yard? And then when I do do those things it takes me all day to do a quarter of what I used to be able to do! Does that make sense??? Then when I do something, after I am done I need to lay down for awhile to recoup some energy to finish my day. I mean a 46 1/2 year old having to take a nap every afternoon, come on now.....I thought I got to stop doing that when I left grade school :)
I don't know lately I have just been wondering what there is out there for me to do? I used to work no less than 50/55 hour work weeks, usually with no less than 10 to 15 hours of travel time included. I was a district manager for 15 years then when I got married to Jim and moved to Greensboro I switched jobs and became a manager. With that job I worked on average 50 hours a week too.
When I first got sick there was NO WAY I would/could even think about working 10 minutes in a day. Now some days I feel as though I could work for an hour here one day then maybe an hour here another day. Not necessarily work, maybe volunteer somewhere. I just want to do something have a purpose. I mean 1 day I feel like I could work 1 hour then the next forget it!! Or if I make plans to do something with someone whether it be the next day or the next week I have to pray that I can do it!! My body changes from one minute to the next on what it will allow me to do!!!! I know I am just rambling on again as I usually do...it's just where my mind has been!

I am starting back to the Y!!! Since I have this time on my hands I am going to use it to get some of my "loose" skin to tightened up. The old fashioned way.....It will probably take me a couple years to do it but I am going to do it.....

3 comments:

  1. I so know what you're talking about. I've been going through the same lack of purpose. I can't even seem to clean my house that much.It's as if I can't get motivated to do anything. I like the idea of the Y...maybe that's something......I'm just sick and tired and bored.........

    I'm so sorry about your hip pain. Is there arthritis as well in your hip? Aspirin, huh? I'll try anything!

    You look like you're doing better though! At least you're getting out of the house!

    Good for you!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a purpose, and this may be a time period where your body and mind just need to veg for a spell, dont worry i wont let the spell last to long before i motivate you. I love you
    me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please just CLONE your husband??!! Please! I know my husband cares and is concerned, he just never, ever, says anything. I wrote a "poor my heart out" letter to him 2-3 weeks ago--nothing. No response at all. And, yes he got it. It was in a box with other things and he got the box. I could really use some verbal support. I have been dumped by so many friends and I need some uplifting! I have you guys---PRAISE THE LORD!! If I didn't have you I don't know what I would do. But you know it would be nice to get something, just a little something from my husband.

    BTW, I am in sympathy and empathy about the thought of having no purpose, of needing to do something to make a difference. I also have that feeling of inertia. But, look at you---You are going to the "Y"! Not only getting up and out but getting that damn exercise that everyone says we need! WAY TO GO!

    In sympathy and understanding,

    me,
    CJ

    ReplyDelete