Monday, October 17, 2011

Another day....







Woke up this morning and felt like I had been hit by a bus! Anyone that has fibro knows what I mean...the severe flu feeling. When I tried moving my left hip the pain was so intense that I didn't know if I would be able to walk. Imagine that pain and knowing you have to walk down a WHOLE LOT of stairs to get to your meds in the morning. (we also have a new puppy that is trotting behind me) Our next house will have the master bedroom on the ground floor, in fact I hope our next house is only 1 floor! Anyway, I had the hit bus feeling, the severe flu feeling, hip pain, every nerve in my body was on fire and all I wanted to do was crawl back up the stairs and go to bed...so I pretty much did. After I fed Daisy (our puppy) and let her out to go potty, we went back up stairs to bed for a nice long nap....I love my daisy!!!! She has been laying here sleeping for the past 2 hrs while I rest..:)


I hate the days when just the thought of moving makes me tired. I had to meet my friend Michelle somewhere at 11:00 and driving there was soooo hard!! As I said, imagine having the worst possible case of the flu and then times that by 5 and that is how I was feeling. I put on my normal wardrobe of elastic waist shorts, sports bra and tank top. Did not take a shower and trust me I should have since I have not had one since Saturday morning. I will be taking one tonight though. I am beginning to offend myself...haha


I was home by 3:00 and have been pretty much laying on the bed since then. I'm starting to get hungry so I guess I get to concur the stairs again.


I think I am actually going to grab something to eat and take daisy for a walk down the street, it is such a beautiful day and I would love to enjoy some of it. Today's high is 83 and by Wednesday it is supposed to be in the low 60's and high 50's.

*****************************************************************************************


The walk was great!! We walked to the end of our street which is 3 houses and back then I let Daisy play in the backyard for a few minutes. It is so freakin beautiful outside...I just walked around and looked at everything that needs to be done and started to cry..:( I hate, hate that I can't get the work done in the back yard that needs to be done. I am stressing soooo much over the small projects not being completed. I actually get knots in my stomach every time I walk out in the yard....I just need one good weekend with Jim. OK enough of that....


O crud, I just remembered I am out of one of my pain meds and need it for tonight. Jim is hunting and will not be home until after dark and by then will be to late to get. Crud, crud, crud!!!


I just spoke to my dad on the phone, I so wish we lived closer!! Jim's parents live right down the rode from us and I so envy him that....I talk to my parents at least once a day, sometimes 2 and 3 times a day. I want to spend so much more time with them and get so angry that I can't just get in the car and drive to see them!!!! Since I have been sick I think I have driven down to the beach 3 times by myself and trust me when I say it was an ordeal each time. It takes so much preplanning and then all the preplanning can be for nothing if my body decides, hey you are going no where today!!! When I do go, I have to stop every hour and get out of the car to walk around to stretch my legs and hips. I eat/munch the whole way there just to make sure I stay awake. I call to check in every half hour. I have had to stop and take a nap when I just couldn't stay awake. I leave around 2:00ish since that seems to be a good time for me... If it is raining, forget it I am not going. My body would never make it....


A couple days before I go I know that I have to rest up and take it easy so that my body hopefully will be 1/2 ok for me to do the trip. Like I said, I have only done the 4 hour trip about 3 times by myself in the last 4 years. The funny thing is, when I was a district manager (for 14+ yrs) I drove for hrs by myself....greenville sc to Chattanooga tn, myrtle beach sc to Savannah ga, myrtle beach to asheville nc. I have driven many times up to 7 hrs with no problem....I had the states of SC, NC, GA, TENN, part of VA, ....now I can't drive to see my parents without it being an ordeal!! I hate it!!! I love my parents very much and treasure my time with them!!!!!


*****************************************************************************************


This is another day, Tuesday the 18th and I truly hope it is better than yesterday. My body has just not been feeling all that great. Remember that shower I said I was going to take last night, did not happen!!! I am about as ripe as a piece of bad fruit!! I am taking one this morning!!!!!!!! Thank goodness Jim was hunting until about 9:30 last night.


When I woke up this morning I told Jim to just ignore me because I kept saying I hate my body, I hate my body! I had to get up and feed gizzy and daisy and it was pure torture every step I took!!!!
So on that note I'm going to go take a bubble bath......O' and the pictures at the top are kind of a before and after thing. The first picture is when I am feeling half way human and can function as one. The 2nd picture is how I look this morning. As I am typing this my shoulders are begging me to quit and my eyes keep closing. If I didn't fix it there would be a bunch of thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss on my post. My finger gets heavy when I fall asleep while typing. Change of plans, I think I'm going to take a quick cat nap then a bath....daisy is still sleeping so I'm taking advantage of it....:)













No comments:

Post a Comment